Chinese Bean Sprout Salad
– 1 pound Fresh mung bean sprouts, cleaned and washed in cold water
– 2 tablespoon Sesame seeds
– 3 Garlic cloves, peeled and minced
– 2 md Scallions, trimmed and minced
– 1 ? 1″ cube ginger, peeled and minced
– 2 tablespoon Oriental sesame oil (or salad oil)
– 1/3 cup Soy sauce
– 2 tablespoon Cider vinegar
– 1 tablespoon Mirin (sweet rice wine)
– 2 teaspoon Light brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon Spicy sesame oil
– Brown sesame seeds in skillet over low heat, stirring constantly.
– In a skillet set over moderately low heat, stir?fry the garlic, scallions and ginger in the oil for 2 minutes, or until they are limp. Add all the remaining ingredients, increase the heat to moderate, then boil the mixture, uncovered, for 1 minute to slightly reduce the liquid.
– Pour the dressing, while it’s still boiling, over the bean sprouts, toss well, then cover the bowl and let it completely chill. Toss the bean sprout salad again and serve cold.